2023 Readers' Choice Awards Deadline Extended
If you have done an outstanding project, we want to hear about it. Affordable Housing Finance is searching for the best affordable housing projects that were completed in 2022 or will be completed in 2023. Eligible projects must be located in the United States or U.S. territories. The finalists will be published in the July/August 2023 issue; Affordable Housing Finance subscribers will then vote for the winner in each category, with the winners published in the November/December 2023 issue. The winners will also be honored at AHF Live: The Affordable Housing Developers’ Summit, Nov. 13-15, 2023, in Chicago.
The deadline to enter a project has been extended to 11:59 PM EST, Monday, March 27, 2023. Please use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms.
There are nine categories:
- Family (more than 50% of the units are for families)
- Historic Rehab
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Public Housing Redevelopment
- Rural (in a place with fewer than 20,000 inhabitants)
Finalists will be selected based on our assessment of these project characteristics:
- Impact on the community by adding substantially to the affordable housing stock or improving the immediate social or economic fabric;
- Role in overall community revitalization or social change;
- Sets a new standard or pioneers a new method (taps new funding sources; demonstrates new efficiency in capital costs and/or maintenance/operating costs, etc.);
- Employs cost-effective or innovative design and/or construction, including energy efficiency and sustainable development;
- Offers outstanding social services for tenants;
- Received broad community support, including state and local government financial assistance;
- Addresses a unique challenge;
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving; and
- Evidence of cost-effectiveness, i.e., producing housing at substantially below-market rents or home prices, at a reasonable subsidy per unit.
For more information about AHF's Readers' Choice Awards, please click on the FAQ link above or contact Donna Kimura, deputy editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 825-8441.
Applications are due March 27, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST!!